The Baderman Island Resort has 3 hotels, a convention center, 4 restaurants, 2 gift shops, a pro shop and a spa. While all of the business entities are owned by the Baderman Island Resort and executively managed by the Boardman Management Group, each business entity is operated independently. Each business entity was opened at different times and, while each entity started out with up-to-date computer hardware and software, upgrades of equipment and software have not been uniform.
The word Processing software in use at the Resort is a case in point. Currently, we have:
26 computers running Windows XP and Word XP
38 computers running Windows 2000 and Word 2000
6 computers running Windows 98 and Word 97
While there is backward compatibility between the various versions of the software, the older versions do not have all of the “bells and whistles” of the newer versions. We are wondering what would be entailed to upgrade to a standard version of Microsoft Word or, alternatively, to switch to a word processing software application from another vendor.
Create an implementation plan for one of the Virtual Organizations.
Include the following:
• Business strategies for implementation
• Both technology- and human-based safeguards used for information systems
• Information comparing security requirements of out-sourcing and in-sourcing
• Comparison of technical, user, and system training documentation
• Timelines and the need for their accuracy
• Reference page