Using the case study below, develop a three- to five-page paper that is well organized and provides specific answers to each part of the assignment. Your answer is to be complete and is to demonstrate your understanding of ALL of this semester’s lessons.
You are a consultant working with a dental office that has just merged with another dental practice. The original office housed 3 dentists, 2 dental assistants, and 1 receptionist in one location. With the merger, there are now 5 offices in different parts of the city, 15 dentists, 12 dental assistants, and 5 receptionists. Four of the dentists work in the offices but also are mobile in that they provide dental checkups to elderly patients in their homes or at the senior citizen centers, and to school children in the three inner-city elementary schools. The mobile dentists need to be able to send and receive patient records while they are out of the office. All the dentists and dental assistants must have real-time access to all patient records and daily schedules. The lead dentist has reminded you that they are required to meet HIPAA requirements for protecting patient information. You, as a telecommunications specialist, have been asked to design the telecommunications network to support this new multi-location practice. Others on the team will develop the applications and databases. Your task is to identify the requirements and design a network solution that will meet those requirements.
Define the requirements and then design an appropriate network that would support this dental practice. Your answer should:
1. Analyze the given case and provide a clear set of requirements for the network solution
2. Identify the information that is to be protected and the related security requirements
3. Identify the types of network(s), components, devices and equipment that would be involved in meeting the needs of the stationary offices and the mobile dentists
4. Provide a network design diagram that clearly shows an appropriate network configuration to meet the requirements, with components properly labeled
5. Explain the benefits of the proposed network solution.
6. Identify the risks and risk mitigation strategies associated with the proposed network solution.
Your paper is to be prepared using APA format and include at least 3 academically credible references plus the class textbook and the class modules. Information from your research should be appropriately incorporated into your written work in your own words and properly cited. Extensive use of direct quotes is not permitted. Use the Grading Rubric below to ensure all aspects of the assignment have been adequately covered.