1) Two information systems that support the entire organization are
A. enterprise resource planning systems and dashboards
B. transaction processing systems and office automation systems
C. enterprise resource planning systems and transaction processing systems
D. expert systems and office automation systems
2) _______ is the direct use of information systems by employees in their work
A. Transaction processing systems
B. End-user computing
C. Decision support systems
D. Management information systems
3) ______ attempt to duplicate the work of human experts by applying reasoning capabilities
A. Expert systems
C. Business intelligence systems
D. Decision support systems
4) ______ issues involve who may obtain information and how much they should pay for this information
5) _____ issues involve collecting, storing, and disseminating information about individuals.
6) Your company’s computers have been taken over by an attacker and used to attack another organization’s information systems. Your problem is which of the following?
A. Poor security policies and procedures
B. Lack of due diligence
C. Downstream liability
D. Poor service-level agreements
7) You are the only person in your office to upgrade to Microsoft® Word 2010. Before you share documents with coworkers, you should do which of the following?
A. Print out a backup copy of documents
B. Run the Compatibility Checker
C. Burn all documents to CD
D. Create a document summary
8) Which of the following is detected by the contextual spelling checker?
A. Duplicate words
B. Irregular capitalization
C. Use of their when you should use there
D. Improper use of commas and other punctuation
9) If your cursor is near the bottom of a page and you want to display the next paragraph you type at the top of a new page, you should use which of the following?
D. Page Layout, Breaks, Line Numbers
10) Your ______ is the collection of traceable data that is captured when you use various information technologies such as credit cards or the Internet
A. data profile
B. data shadow
C. database file
D. database record
11) No alphabetic characters in a social security number field is an example of
A. data isolation
B. data consistency
C. data integrity
D. data redundancy
12) In a database, the primary key field is used to
A. specify an entity
B. uniquely identify an attribute
C. identify duplicated data
D. uniquely identify a record
13) Search engines and metasearch engines are examples of which network application?
D. Web services
14) ______ portals coordinate content within relatively narrow organizational and partners’ communities
15) Workflow, groupware, and telepresence systems are examples of which network application?
C. Web services
16) Which type of e-commerce does an organization provide information and services to its workers?
17) _______ auctions are the most common auction model for large purchases.
18) ______ collect data from many points over an extended space.
A. Bluetooth® networks
B. Ultra-wideband networks
C. Wireless sensor networks
D. Wi-Fi networks
19) Which type of satellite has the largest footprint?
A. Low earth orbit
C. Medium earth orbit
D. Equatorial orbit
20) Which of the following is the most appropriate wireless networking standard for creating personal area networks?
B. Cellular radio
21) If cell D15 contains the formula =$C$5*D15, what is the D15 in the formula?
A. Mixed reference
B. Absolute reference
C. Circular reference
D. Range name
22) What should you do if you see a column of pound signs (###) instead of values or results of formulas?
A. Increase the zoom percentage
B. Delete the column
C. Adjust the row height
D. Increase the column width
23) ______ feasibility determines if the project is an acceptable financial risk and if the organization can afford the expense and time needed to complete the project
24) In the traditional systems development life cycle, users
A. have no input
B. are important only in the testing phases of the project
C. are important only in the maintenance phase of the project
D. are limited to providing information requirements
25) To create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation based on an installed template, click the
A. File tab, and then click New
B. File tab, and then click Open
C. Insert tab, and then select Add Template
D. Design tab, and then select New
26) Which of the following demotes a bullet point from the first level to the second level in Outline view in Microsoft® PowerPoint®?
C. Decrease List Level
27) ________ connects parts of the intranets of different organizations and allows secure communications among business partners
A. A global network
B. An intranet
C. An extranet
D. The Internet
28) ______ is a system with universally accepted standards for storing, retrieving, formatting, and displaying information via a client/server architecture
B. World Wide Web
D. The Internet
29) A process that allows users to place information in multiple, overlapping associations is called
C. a Wiki
30) ________ are websites that provide collections of content from all over the World Wide Web
B. Social networks
D. Really simple syndications